Sales Representative for food manufacturer
Alex's Meat & Provisions / Mr Pierogi - Brooklyn, NY
Sales Representative for food manufacturer needed.
In business for 30+ years, our company is looking for an experienced and motivated Sales Representative. Must have a marketing background, experience with walking sales, prospecting skills and fact finding skills. Must be professional self starter and results driven.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Meet with potential clients in person to discuss products and orders
- Answer telephone and e-mail communications in a timely fashion and take orders
- Prepares sales reports for meetings whenever necessary
- Visit a minimum of 5-7 new or existing accounts per business day
- Give professional presentations or demonstrations of company product(s)
- Overcome objections of prospective customers.
- Emphasize our products and service features and benefits, discussing prices, and upselling our entire portfolio
- Build and foster relationships with your existing customers to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
- Generate and develop new customer accounts through cold-calling to increase revenue
- Ensure follow-up by visiting the account the next week to get new orders
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
- Actively manage call schedule to adequately cover assigned territory in a time-efficient manner.
- Maintain accurate records, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, and other documentation.
- Periodically give product demonstrations to accounts
- Keep the Director of Sales updated on all market conditions within your assigned territories
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products and services, competitor activities, and other research.
- Fluent English, Conversational Russian (optional) Spanish (optional)
- 3 years of direct work experience in a related sales capacity
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas
- Professional demeanor, selling style, and appearance
- Solid experience in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, account development, and time and territory management
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers
- Self motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must possess a car and a valid driver’s license.
- Frequent travel is required, often up to several hours of driving per day.
- Occasional lifting of items up to 30 lbs.
- Overtime as required.
Exposure to variable weather conditions is likely.